Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kernel 3.3.5-2 of Doom

Problem: Linux Kernel 3.3.5-2 won't boot. Freezes at "sendmail transport agent".
Solution: Update your video card drivers. If it isn't working, simply use an older kernel while waiting for a driver update. The official nVidia driver is confirmed working as of 295.49-1 (with kmod on x86_64).

New kernel released today for Fedora 16 x86_64.

Great! Now my system won't even boot... For some reason it keeps locking up on "sendmail transport agent".

Haven't got a solution right now so Imma stick to 3.3.4-3 at the moment.

I'll get back when I've got more information.


Update Monday, May 14 2012
I found the solution! After reading this page I found out that there was an incompatibility with the new kernel and my current nVidia drivers.
Since I a little while ago ran a "yum update" and received the latest nVidia drivers I simply booted into the new kernel and it works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment